Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Attempts on Becoming a Freak Show Host


I was thinking of what to write in my first blog post. I was skimming through this popular self-help book (where the sub-heading says "inspirational stories for young adults") hoping to find some inspiration but I can't seem to find it anywhere...Maybe I have not read well enough or I just can't read between the lines. I just find all of their stories a little...uhmmm...uninspiring.

So what am I going to write as my first post? I was thinking of something dramatic just a while ago. Something that would keep my "dear" readers awake and attentive (Take note of the adjective. You might find more of such words in my later posts...*smiley face*). Something that would make them want for more. There's this urge to write something that impresses, something that would make a mark...
Along comes my alter-ego telling me "What the heck...Who cares what you write anyway?"
I guess my alter-ego is more powerful so I settled for the latter...Who really does care anyway? It's my blog remeber? *smiley face again*

Now, since I'll be starting a journal of some sort, there's a few things that we need to remember so that no one would get lost (including me) in this enormous smorgasboard of words (ala-End User License Agreement). Here they are:

1. The entries all follow the normal composition writing format - introduction, body and conclusion - except on instances when the blog owner has her "deviate-from-normal" literary attacks which happens occasionally.

2. All names, places, events and situations mentioned in the entries are all fictitious. Any similarity to what was described is purely coincidental. (Of course, I get some inspiration from real events and real people. Ooops, don't argue, this is MY blog...*grins*).

3. All entries are written in first person accounts except on situations where the writer assumes a third person identity.

4. Feelings of the writer on some points and ideas are expressed as "emotiwords" - words that are enclosed in asterisk. (You've seen them already. I assume you know what they mean now.)

5. If you find any of the entries extremely excellent, highly recommendable, or inspirational, or maybe offensive, erroneous, vulgar, malicious, nonsense or basically absurd, don't hesitate to contact the writer through comments or email. The email is posted on the profile while the comments area can be found after clicking the word "comments" at the bottom of each entry. (Clear enough?)

6. I am the owner and I have all the right to this blog. It's in my powers to edit and make changes to it. So if there are some things you don't like about it (like the background color or the font), make an email. If I get convinced, I might change it (if I know how to) but everything really is still under my approval...in short...uhmmm...i dunno.*laughs...very hard*

7. Entries may be written in English or in Filipino, depending on what the writer is watching on TV.

8. Just read. That's what blogs are for, right? *smile*

What else? I can't think of anything now. This is just the beginning of what you'll consider as one of the most irrelevant blogs you'll ever get to read. I am not the best writer in town but who cares, this is basically for people who can swallow and take in my words of nonsense...*grins*

No more apologies...only screams...*literally screams*


Mood: nostalgic
No. of the day: 1
Color of the day: red
Person of the day: my alter-ego

No comments: