Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Dummy Returns!

Whew! What a read...
I can't believe I last visited my blog six months ago and I had quite a "hilarious" time reading my own write-ups. (Notice the adjective...its inappropriateness, if you would comment, somehow reflects my poor writing skills). It's just that a lot of things has happened to me for that period of time, and by the way my words go in those articles...well, it clearly shows that my writing was quite shaggy and annoying(as if I changed...*laughing out loud*)...if not funny (I bet this is a better adjective).
After six months of hibernating in the comforts of my own thoughts, I realized that it’s about time to air out all the bad air that has been piling up in my head for months now...six months is a long time and you bet I've collected tons of unrelenting and mind-boggling stories and mishaps. To tell you honestly, I felt a little awkward starting out again so I decided that this first article be dedicated to the topic of coming back, returning, reappearing...the second advent...or whatever you call it. At least it would somehow bridge the gap of me as a "mere observant" for the past six months to a "funnel-like-freak" writer as I originally am...
Why, with all the words and objects, would I compare myself with a funnel? Frankly, I had this syndrome (I don’t know how to call it or if there is such a thing) that whenever I got the opportunity of holding a keyboard and opening a clean sheet in the word processing software of my PC, my thoughts immediately get hyperactive. They all seem to want to get out of my head and somehow demand conversion to words in the soonest time possible. Since they, by some means, create a jam in the circuitry of my neurons, I can’t figure out a way to write all of them eventually. That’s the reason why I usually end up writing how a certain topic gets into my theme instead of writing about the topic itself…Got what I mean? *head scratch here*
Going back to the idea of “coming back” (gosh, trying hard to correct myself here), it was just three months ago when I learned that a high school classmate returned from Taiwan after just two months of working there as a caregiver. I was somehow surprised with her decision because the last time we saw each other, we had this drinking session over three cases of red horse. It was supposed to celebrate her departure (see how pathetic life can be, celebrating despedida with lots of beer, tsk, tsk). At that time of her return, I was again called up to share again some horse drink to celebrate her comeback. I somehow got the feeling of mockery (I frankly don’t know why of all feelings) that I abruptly turned down the invitation saying that I have this exam (well, they didn’t know that I ain’t got classes anymore,hehe). Gosh I missed another night of boozing and joking like there’s no tomorrow.

It was then that I realized how much I dread returns (or comebacks). It really gives me the creeps. Is coming back really inevitable? I don’t want to sound absurd here but if we really, really do believe in returns, well it would be better if goodbye was not invented after all…=)
After agonizing over the thought of reviving this little web space I got, I realized that after all, coming back brings one thing that basically makes the world go round…HOPE…(Wow, how utopian!) Besides, without coming back, I wouldn't be here writing another absurd and "pain-in-the-eye-and-the-neck-and-the-ass" article that you would really love to cuss about...weeweeeweeee

Happy reading everyone….

Post Script:
Know why my classmate came back? She left behind her boyfriend and she can’t seem to bear
daw the loneliness. After talking to another classmate, I found out that her so-called "love interest" was also one of our classmates whose loveteam (dba uso toh nung hiskul?) was one of her best friends in high school…so is that what you call life?

Mood: In high spirits…So high I’m becoming an insomniac
Color: blue (I know it doesn’t coincide with my mood…)
Number: 6 (# of months since I posted an article)